Came across this beautiful video which I could relate to as a husband to my wife who has been a fantastic mother to our little daughter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZq62c82-h4
And it got me thinking. There isn't much advertising out there celebrating Dads!
Without getting competitive, we do a lot too you know!
So, I thought I'd rephrase the manifesto/script of that same video and see how it'd work for Dads. Here goes...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZq62c82-h4
And it got me thinking. There isn't much advertising out there celebrating Dads!
Without getting competitive, we do a lot too you know!
So, I thought I'd rephrase the manifesto/script of that same video and see how it'd work for Dads. Here goes...
I felt you. You were a pea. Then a lemon. Then an eggplant.
I followed advice. I tried to read the books. I quit spicy food to support your mother .
Could you tell I was anxious and expectant?
I talked to you, sang to you... I wasn't ready.
But then you were here. Ten toes. Eight pounds. Love. Big fat love.
I held you. I fed you.
I realized that I would spend my every spare moment, hey even my life doing things to make you happy -- and that that would make me happy.
And then there are the times I want to give up. You've made me rethink my sanity. You've made me want to fall on my parent's feet and tell them that I get it. That I love them.
But then you smile and you say my name -- and you grab my hand with those little fingers.
We're growing together. We are seeing the world like it's new. I will open my heart and love will rain down all over you. You'll giggle, and I'll do it all over again. And we will walk hand in hand. Until you let go.
I made you, but you made me a father.
Sounds just as beautiful. Someone should make this for Dads too :)
Here's one I would love to do for the upcoming Father's Day...
The insight: Fathers are the assigned family photographers. Capturing beautiful moments of their kid being a kid, their wife with their kid, their kid with their respective sibling, their kids with other kids, and many more. Many a time, being on the other side of the camera. Seldom being in front of it.
The idea: To the man behind the camera. Happy Father's Day.

No comments:
Post a Comment